The following credentials are used to access your GateHub account:
- Your login email is used as a user name when signing in and for notifying you about some account actions.
- Your GateHub password is used for signing in along with your login email and to unlock certain GateHub wallet features.
- Your GateHub Recovery key (32-character string) is generated upon signup. It can be used to reset your login password should you lose it.
- Your XRP Ledger wallet secret key is used to sign all your wallet transactions - this is done automatically within the GateHub XRP Ledger client. You can use your XRP Ledger wallet secret key to import your XRP Ledger wallet or export it elsewhere. Keep your secret key safe and do not save it online. Your XRP Ledger wallet secret key can be accessed in "WALLET" - "Advanced"
If you have forgotten your password, misplaced your Recovery key and have not saved your XRP Ledger wallet secret key, you will not be able to access your account and funds.
GateHub does not have access to any of your credentials and GateHub cannot provide access to any user account.
No longer have access to your login email and you need to confirm a new device:
Create a new email address (see article Security Instructions- "Login email security") and contact our support team to change the login email on your GateHub account. After your email is changed, login to your account and the new device confirmation email will be delivered to your new email address.
No access to login email, forgot the password:
Create a new email account (see article Security Instructions- "Login email security") and contact the support team to change the login email on your GateHub account. After your email is changed you can set a new password with your recovery key.
No access to your login email, forgot the password, didn't store your recovery key:
Create a new email address (see article Security Instructions - "Login email security"). Create a new GateHub account (see article Account registration) with a new email address. Import your XRP Ledger wallet (from the locked-out account) to your new GateHub account using your XRP Ledger wallet secret key. Contact our support team to help you with the process and to close your old account.
Wish to close the account you no longer have access to:
If you wish to close your account but do not have access to it, please submit a support request and follow the instructions provided by our agents.
When submitting a request to close your account, please choose:
- ISSUE: Account and wallet
CATEGORY: Close account