You have decided to create an account with GateHub. Congratulations and welcome!
We decided to give you a quick rundown of all you need to do from creating your account all the way to making your first trade.
Verify your account
We are required to verify all our customers by law. Don’t fear though, our KYC (Know Your Customer) process is quite simple. All you need to do is provide some personal information and identity documents.
Here are the steps:
- Verify your mobile number
- Provide your personal information
- Upload an ID and Proof of residency document
After you have successfully completed your profile, we will verify your account in the shortest possible time. In case we need any additional info from you, you will receive an email explaining everything.
Providing correct information and high quality images of the required documents will make it easier for us to verify your account quickly
Make your first deposit
Once your account has been verified, you will receive an email notification and be able to make your first deposit.
You can deposit fiat or crypto to your account. Here’s what you need to do:
- Click “Add Funds” on your wallet home screen
- Select the network and currency you want to use for your deposit
- Type or copy the information provided into the application you want to send from
announcementEUR and USD must be sent to GateHub from a bank account registered in your name. Different networks have different processing times as indicated on your deposit information screen.
Other useful information and articles:
Trade or exchange
Your first deposit is in your wallet and now you can trade or exchange your FIAT or crypto.
The simple way to do it is to go to Exchange and type what you want to sell or buy. You will see real-time market rates at which you can make an instant exchange over our Hosted exchange or over the XRPL.
- Go to Exchange
- Select the currencies you want to exchange
- Type an amount into either window
- If you’re happy with the exchange rate, click Exchange
Exchange works instantly with either wallet. Hosted exchanges are currently limited to 5000 USD in value and exchanges with XRPL wallets can fail due to low market liquidity. All in all, smaller amounts are more likely to be exchanged without a hitch.
Trade (create an offer)
If you are using an XRPL wallet, you can use the XRPL Decentralized Exchange (DEX). The DEX is a collection of offers by different XRPL wallets that compose the market. You can create a new offer in Trade. You need to type the price and the amount you want to buy/sell or pay/get.
- Go to Trade
- Type a price (or click on the order book)
- Type the amount you want to buy/sell or pay/get
- Click Buy/Sell (depending on the direction of the offer)
When you click Buy/Sell, you will create an offer on the XRPL DEX. This offer will be completed if there is a willing buyer or seller on the other side of the trade.